Okay, so maybe “walking dead” sounds a bit macabre. But it’s Halloween, right? Give us a bloody break.
What we mean is what we all know—direct mail remains the most consistent, big-producing medium in the direct marketing toolbox. Not bad for a previously declared-dead channel. Spooky.
Not only is mail NOT DOA, it’s ALIVE!
Here’s how hauntingly superior mail remains:
- Mail is the largest single direct marketing expenditure at $44.8 billion
- More than ¾ of direct mail is opened by recipients
- 65% of adult Millennials say they prefer to read something on paper
- 76% of young people in the digital generation have made a purchase based on something they received in the mail
- Marketers recommend mail as the #1 ingredient in the direct marketing brew
- Nearly half of people surveyed said they had retained something they’d received in the mail for future reference
- 56% of consumers say that printed materials are the most
Statistics source: http://visual.ly/direct-mail-its-so-undead-its-spooky
Happy Halloween, all.
P.S.: Walking Dead Spoiler alert! Say it isn’t so, X-X-X-X-X!
Direct Choice Inc. is a full-service direct marketing agency that has worked with national and regional brands in a wide variety of vertical markets. In addition to this blog, you can also find us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn